Topics include: solving linear, quadratic, and rational equations; graphing; formula rearrangement; solving systems of equations; percent; proportions; measurement systems; computational geometry; right and oblique triangle trigonometry; trigonometric functions on the unit circle; and operations on polynomials. Emphasis will be on the application of skills to technical problems. This course is the equivalent to College Technical Math 1A and College Technical Math 1B.
Electronics Technician Fundamentals
Enter an exciting electronics career in just one year with Gateway’s Electronics Technician Fundamentals technical diploma. Learn how to wire and solder. Gain comprehensive training in a wide range of electronics principles and learn how to use various test and diagnostic equipment as you prepare for a broad range of entry-level electronic assembly or repair positions.
- Learn hands-on and gain experience with the skills employers need, including AC/DC electronics, transistor operation, digital circuits, soldering and fabrication techniques and more.
- Earn industry quality technician certifications in areas like AC/DC, digital and analog electronics as well as multimeter use, hand tool safety and electronics safety.
- Flexible open lab course scheduling allows you to learn when it works best for you, so you can balance your education with your busy life.
- Continue your education for two more semesters to earn Gateway’s Electronics associate degree and increase your career and earning potential.
- Secure a well-paying job with a local employer thanks to a curriculum designed with input from area companies to ensure graduates are prepared for local skilled electronics positions.
SC Johnson iMET Center
Tuition & Fees: $4,174
Books & Supplies: $1,516
Spring, Summer, Fall
Electronics Technician Fundamentals Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.