Topics include: solving linear, quadratic, and rational equations; graphing; formula rearrangement; solving systems of equations; percent; proportions; measurement systems; computational geometry; right and oblique triangle trigonometry; trigonometric functions on the unit circle; and operations on polynomials. Emphasis will be on the application of skills to technical problems. This course is the equivalent to College Technical Math 1A and College Technical Math 1B.
Electrical Engineering Technology
Whether you’re looking to start a rewarding career or change fields, get wired for an exciting future with Gateway’s Electrical Engineering Technology associate degree. Core program courses are designed with an industrial advisory committee of local employers and taught by professional engineers. Prepare to enter an industry of problem solvers like you who love to work hands-on with the latest technology.
- Use next-generation technology starting in your first week of classes, and master your use of digital oscilloscopes, multimeters and function generators, or develop and build your own new devices.
- Gain practical experience designing, developing and testing electrical components and wiring in our state-of-the-art Advanced Electronics Lab.
- Open up your options with an electrical engineering concentration available in Biomedical Engineering.
- Continue your education and set yourself up for long-term success through our transfer agreements with bachelor's degree programs in Electrical Engineering at Milwaukee School of Engineering and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Build your network through student clubs and organizations – like the Electronics Club, Biomedical Club, Society of Women Engineers and the Amateur Radio Club.
SC Johnson iMET Center
Tuition & Fees: $11,716
Books & Supplies: $5,271
Electrical Engineering Technology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.