This is the ADA Compliance and Accessibility Statement for the Gateway Technical College website. We want everyone who visits the Gateway Technical College website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
To help us make Gateway’s website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for Gateway’s website.
Design and Layout
- This site uses cascading style sheets (CSS) to control all aspects of layout and presentation.
- Most fonts on this site are sized using relative font sizes and will adjust automatically to your browser’s default text size.
- Content contained within this site will degrade to a usable text-only design when CSS is not available.
Gateway is committed to following all closed captioning policies. Visit our Disability Support Services’ Laws, Rights, and Responsibilities page to see our Closed Captioned Equal Access Statement.
Gateway’s Marketing and Communications web team is working hard to ensure compliancy. If you find a page that is not compliant or is unreadable in your browser, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you browse through our website at www.gtc.edu, certain information is collected in relation to your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about visits from IP addresses:
- Date and time of visit
- Pages visited
- Browser used and screen resolution
- Search terms used
- Originating website
- We may use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. No additional information is collected unless otherwise stated.
- The college does not require that you provide personal information to visit our website. However, you may choose to provide us with personal information through an e-mail message, inquiry, information request form, registration form, survey, alumni membership form, etc. This information is used only to fulfill the stated purpose of your communication and/or participation.
- Gateway Technical College does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our online visitors to third parties except as required by law.
- Our website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. These links are provided only for the convenience of our visitors.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your use of this website, please contact the webmaster at: email@example.com.
Gateway Technical College
Attn: Kristin Gunia
Director Marketing & Communications
3520 30th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144