This course is designed as a complete program of business instruction for the barber/cosmetology student. It supplements the usual technical training required in career development.
Turn your passion for style, beauty and hair into a rewarding career through a Cosmetology technical diploma! Gain cutting-edge career training in Gateway’s hands-on hair, skin and nail design courses, as well as the opportunity to work with real clients at full service salons on two Gateway campuses that are open to the public. Begin an exciting career as a stylist and do what you love while promoting self-confidence throughout your community.
- Train hands-on with cosmetology experts, including industry professionals and your experienced instructors. Develop skills in hair design and chemical services, manicuring, pedicuring, skin care and salon management.
- Gain professional experience in The View on 5 Salon & Spa in Racine or The Cut Powered by Andis in Burlington. Practice your customer service skills on actual clients and discover what it’s like to work as a stylist.
- Learn beyond the classroom by joining the Barber/Cos Club, attending America’s Beauty Show in Chicago and participating in a variety of community service activities.
- Earn a certificate in Nail Technician or Retail Beauty Advisor, and prepare for the Wisconsin Cosmetology State Board exam by earning your Wisconsin Cosmetology Licensing Bridge certificate.
- Begin a career you love by working as a stylist, salon owner platform artist, professional brand representative or educator. No matter what path you choose, you’ll get to use your passion for beauty every day!
Burlington Center, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $6,512
Books & Supplies: $2,697
Cosmetology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.