In this course, students examine laws related to the commercial driver's license (CDL) and the operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV). Through simulation and hands-on learning experiences, students explore vehicle systems, inspect and operate a CMV safely, and investigate the operations of a tractor semi-trailer. By the completion of the course, students must obtain a CDL instruction permit.
Become a professional truck driver and earn great wages while enjoying the freedom of the road in a matter of months through Gateway’s new Truck Driving technical diploma. This affordable, 360-hour program covers all aspects of professional driving, including preparation to pass your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exam. After graduating, you’ll be prepared to begin a challenging, rewarding career in the high-demand transportation industry. Next start dates: 9/9/2019, and 1/14/2020.
- Become a well-rounded driver through detailed training in truck driving laws, maintenance, log book use, trip planning, cargo management, customer service and all aspects of safety.
- Learn from the experts, including a lead instructor with over 38 years of experience and highly skilled staff and recruiters who are eager to help develop your potential as a truck driver.
- Train hands-on in late model tractor trailers and state-of-the-art facilities at Gateway’s Horizon Center for Transportation Technology.
- Earn your CDL after graduation, using the knowledge and skills you’ve learned in the program to become certified to drive commercial vehicles and quickly enter your career.
- Stand out from the competition in the hiring process with a ten-credit, comprehensive technical diploma under your belt and hit the road as a professional truck driver.
Note: Students must be at least 21 years old to begin work as a professional truck driver outside the state of Wisconsin.
Tuition & Fees: $2,570
Books & Supplies: $1,686
Spring, Summer, Fall