This course provides an introduction to CNC machining processes and the technology that supports them. Some of the processes covered are spot drilling, drilling, reaming, tapping, counterboring, countersinking, defining and calculating speed and feed rates, screw thread identification, and drill sharpening. Students will perform these processes on manual equipment prior to observing them on CNC equipment. Basic computer skills are also covered in this course.
If you’re a goal-oriented problem solver, consider a career programming computer-aided machines for a high-volume machine shop! Hands-on training with Gateway’s CNC Programmer technical diploma will prepare you with skills needed to succeed as a programmer who ensures that raw material gets turned into precision parts. Get access to leading-edge facilities while you study so you can impress employers after graduation.
- Work hands-on with state-of-the-art tools, including CNC mills and lathes, manual mills and lathes, and coordinate measuring machines to make real-world products while you learn.
- Study with professional, industry-tested instructors who bring decades of experience to the classroom as you master all aspects of a machine shop career.
- Earn certifications employers want from Haas, NC3 and more, as a part of your diploma — at no extra cost!
- Build your resume. Earn the CNC Production Technician technical diploma in your first two semesters and prepare for an entry-level career as you complete the CNC Programmer diploma in your final semester.
- Get convenient, personalized training. With courses offered day and night at Gateway's Elkhorn Campus and SC Johnson iMET Center, plus small class sizes, you'll gain vital hands-on experience on your schedule.
Elkhorn Campus, SC Johnson iMET Center
Tuition & Fees: $7,816
Books & Supplies: $3,314
CNC Programmer Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.