This course is designed for learners to develop knowledge and skills in all aspects of the writing process. Planning, organizing, writing, editing and revising are applied through a variety of activities. Students will analyze audience and purpose, use elements of research, and format documents using standard guidelines. Individuals will develop critical reading skills through analysis of various written documents.
Information Technology – Computer Support Specialist
If you enjoy technology and helping others, consider Gateway’s IT – Computer Support Specialist associate degree to prepare for a career in IT. Gain hands-on hardware and software knowledge — plus build the communication and critical thinking skills you need to assist clients with troubleshooting technology issues as a support technician. Get advanced training with operating systems, networking, security and IoT (Internet of Things) to enter a variety of IT careers.
- Level-up your learning and graduate with multiple credentials. Your first year in the program, you’ll earn Gateway’s Computer Support Technician technical diploma.
- Experiment with technology as you disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, setup and configure devices, automate operating system installation, write instructional guides and train end users.
- Benefit from project-based learning in core classes, service learning, student organizations or study abroad classes that let you solve real-world problems in a global context.
- Prepare for career advancement. Earn certificates that can make you more marketable as you complete your degree, and benefit from articulation agreements that make transferring into a bachelor’s degree program simple.
- Benefit from articulation agreements that allow you to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program.
Elkhorn Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,935
Books & Supplies: $4,594
IT – Computer Support Specialist Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.