Students will develop skills to enhance their success in the Gateway Technical College Computer Support Specialist program and their career. These skills include self-assessment, time management, study skills, learning styles, and stress management. Students research the CSS field through the Internet, periodicals, and surveys. Students will design an academic and career development plan and initiate their ongoing program portfolio.
Information Technology – Computer Support Specialist
If you love technology and helping others, consider Gateway’s IT – Computer Support Specialist associate degree to prepare for a career in IT. Gain critical hardware and software knowledge hands-on, plus build the communication and critical thinking skills you need to assist clients with troubleshooting technology issues. Get advanced training with operating systems, networking, security and recovery to access a web of advanced IT careers.
- Level-up your learning and graduate with multiple credentials. Your first year in the program, you’ll earn Gateway’s Computer Support Technician technical diploma.
- Experiment with cutting-edge technology as you disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, setup and configure devices, automate operating system installation, write instructional guides and train end users to work with new software.
- Benefit from project-based learning in core classes, service learning, student organizations or study abroad classes that let you solve real-world problems in a global context.
- Flexible course options. Many program courses are offered in a blended format, and portions of coursework are completed online.
- Prepare for career advancement. Earn certificates that can make you more marketable as you complete your degree, and benefit from articulation agreements that make transferring into a bachelor’s degree program simple.
Elkhorn Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,756
Books & Supplies: $4,330
IT – Computer Support Specialist Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.