Students will develop skills to enhance their success in the Gateway Technical College Computer Support Specialist program and their career. These skills include self-assessment, time management, study skills, learning styles, and stress management. Students research the CSS field through the Internet, periodicals, and surveys. Students will design an academic and career development plan and initiate their ongoing program portfolio.
Information Technology – Computer Support Technician
Are you always helping friends and family with computer fixes? If you love to learn about the latest innovations in computers and technology, take the first step toward an IT career with Gateway’s IT – Computer Support Technician technical diploma. You could be ready in just two semesters for an entry-level position on any help desk or service center team.
- Gain valuable foundational skills. Learn the basic techniques needed to pass exams for industry certifications including CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, HDI-SCI and ITIL.
- Get hands-on experience by solving project-based problems as you learn how to model entire hard-drives to diagnose and resolve issues in the cloud, manage enterprise solutions and expand the Internet of Things.
- Flexible, blended courses enable you to have more control over your schedule as you learn from Gateway’s expert faculty.
- Expand your network by joining a club such as the Association of Information Technology Professionals or Gateway Computer Professionals United
- Give yourself more options. Earn this diploma in just one year to open up opportunities working in IT, then move seamlessly into the IT - Computer Support Specialist associate degree program to prepare for more advanced careers.
Elkhorn Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $5,286
Books & Supplies: $2,136
Fall, Spring, Summer
IT – Computer Support Technician Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.