This course is designed for learners to develop knowledge and skills in all aspects of the writing process. Planning, organizing, writing, editing and revising are applied through a variety of activities. Students will analyze audience and purpose, use elements of research, and format documents using standard guidelines. Individuals will develop critical reading skills through analysis of various written documents.
Information Technology – Software Developer
If you’re a problem solver who wants to stay on the cutting edge of technology, Gateway’s IT – Software Developer associate degree helps make computer programming an attainable career for you. Prepare for next-generation technology as you build a portfolio with marketable job skills geared to meet the demands of a shifting economic landscape. This software developer degree teaches the latest skills based on local employers’ needs and industry trends.
- Get hands-on software experience with individual and team projects developing applications, databases and websites in core classes, as well as games and mobile apps through elective courses.
- Gain real-world experience with a host of the latest computer technology, including the top proprietary and open source platforms, as well as object-oriented and procedure-oriented languages.
- Enjoy flexible learning schedules with virtual and face-to-face classes and labs outfitted with the latest hardware and software.
- Network with industry professionals at the Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professional Association (WMCPA) annual conference as well as through the national COMMON professional organization.
- Earn competitive wages in this in-demand field as a programmer/analyst, software developer or application developers can earn up to $88,608 annually.
Tuition & Fees: $10,402
Books & Supplies: $4,272
Fall, Spring, Summer
IT – Software Developer Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.