Accounting Principles is an introduction to the field of accounting. Fundamental concepts of the accounting process including financial statement preparation, journal entries, posting, adjusting and closing entries. Cash, inventory, receivables, payables, and plant assets including depreciation methods are also covered.
With an Accounting Assistant technical diploma, your career options are endless! Put your skill with numbers to good use and begin a rewarding career as an accounting clerk, payroll clerk, tax preparer or accounting assistant. Gateway’s Accounting Assistant program helps you build the foundational skills you need to maintain accurate financial records for a wide variety of industries, so it’s easy to continue your education or find a job that you love after graduation.
- Create a flexible schedule with classes offered year round -- day and evening -- as well as convenient online courses. Graduate in just one year by attending full time.
- Gain skills to excel as an accounting assistant. Hands-on courses led by expert instructors teach you to compute, classify and maintain accurate accounting and financial information.
- Acquire extensive experience with software employers value, such as QuickBooks, Excel and professional income tax software.
- Boost your resume by gaining real world experience through Biz Squad, internships, study abroad opportunities, or joining Gateway’s award winning Collegiate DECA club. Showcase your knowledge through digital badges on LinkedIn.
- Continue your education by using your technical diploma credits toward an associate degree in Accounting from Gateway.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $4,699
Books & Supplies: $1,873
Spring, Summer, Fall
Accounting Assistant Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.