Accounting Principles is an introduction to the field of accounting. Fundamental concepts of the accounting process including financial statement preparation, journal entries, posting, adjusting and closing entries. Cash, inventory, receivables, payables, and plant assets including depreciation methods are also covered.
With an Accounting associate degree from Gateway, it’s easy to calculate your success! Graduate ready to begin a great-paying career in a wide range of accounting roles in many different industries, so you can tailor your future to a path you’ll love. Become a junior accountant or bookkeeper in fields such as sports, entertainment, technology or business–the opportunities are endless! Every industry needs accountants, so you’ll always be in high demand.
- Learn on your schedule with our On-Demand option and take all or some of your courses online with 12 start dates each term for additional flexibility. In-person classes are offered on the Kenosha and Elkhorn campuses-- day and evening -- year round, so you can learn when it’s best for you.
- Learn from experts and build skills in the principles of accounting, including budgeting, financial analysis, and more, as well as gaining extensive experience with software employees value, like Quickbooks and Excel.
- Network and gain real-world experience by joining Gateway’s award-winning Collegiate DECA club, interning with Biz Squad, studying abroad, and participating in student organizations such as Business Professionals of America (BPA).
- Prove your expertise by earning digital badges that you can add to your LinkedIn profile as you complete the program to attract future employers.
- Graduate career-ready and join the 94.4% of Gateway accounting graduates who were employed within six months of graduation or continue your education through one of our transfer options.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Online
Tuition & Fees: $9,728
Books & Supplies: $4,173
Spring, Summer, Fall
Accounting Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.