Accounting Principles is an introduction to the field of accounting. Fundamental concepts of the accounting process including financial statement preparation, journal entries, posting, adjusting and closing entries. Cash, inventory, receivables, payables, and plant assets including depreciation methods are also covered.
With an Accounting associate degree from Gateway, it’s easy to calculate your success! Graduate ready to begin a great-paying career in a wide range of accounting roles in many different industries, so you can tailor your future to a path you’ll love. Become an accountant or bookkeeper in fields such as sports, entertainment, technology or business–the opportunities are endless! Every industry needs accountants, so you’ll always be in high demand.
- Learn on your schedule by taking all or some of your courses online with 12 start dates each term for added flexibility. Or take courses on-campus. Learn how and when it’s best for you!
- Gain valuable experience and build your skills in accounting while gaining extensive experience with software employees value, such as Quickbooks, Excel and professional income tax software.
- Boost your resume by gaining real world experience through Biz Squad internships, studying abroad opportunities or joining Gateway’s award-winning DECA club.
- Prove your expertise by earning certificates and digital badges you can add to your LinkedIn profile as you complete the program to demonstrate your skills to employers.
- Graduate career-ready and join the 94.4% of Gateway accounting graduates who were employed within six months of graduation or continue your education through one of our transfer options.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Online
Tuition & Fees: $10,187
Books & Supplies: $4,215
Spring, Summer, Fall
Accounting Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.