This automotive course focuses on developing skills in professionalism, safety and the use of basic hand and power tools in accordance with industry standards. Students are introduced to the automotive service industry and learn to use both comprehensive and manufacturer's service information to perform basic under-hood and under-car services.
Do you have a drive for cars? Does the thought of working in a garage sound more appealing than working in an office? If so, you are a perfect fit for our ASE accredited Automotive Technology associate degree program. Gain hands-on training in a fully-equipped auto shop, featuring equipment actually used in the transportation industry. With a degree in hand, steer toward a rewarding career maintaining and repairing vehicles as an automotive line technician.
- State-of-the-art automotive labs include a fully-equipped auto shop, including lifts, cutting-edge Snap-on diagnostic and repair equipment and Electude-an automotive training resource.
- Gain hands-on skills working with engine performance and repair, manual and automatic drive lines, transmissions, transaxles and electronics.
- Increase your earning potential by preparing to earn ASE Automotive and NC3 certifications and certificates in brakes, electrical systems and more.
- Join the Automotive Club and discover exciting opportunities, like attending the Chicago Auto Show, creating your own auto show and acting as a mentor or judge at auto competitions held at Gateway.
- Begin a rewarding career as an in-demand auto line technician with specialized training at Gateway.
Tuition & Fees: $17,430
Books & Supplies: $4,410
Fall, Spring, Summer
Automotive Technology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.