This automotive course focuses on developing skills in professionalism, safety and the use of basic hand and power tools in accordance with industry standards. Students are introduced to the automotive service industry and learn to use both comprehensive and manufacturer's service information to perform basic under-hood and under-car services.
Automotive Maintenance Technician
Go full-speed ahead toward an exciting new career with an Automotive Maintenance Technician technical diploma from Gateway. Gain an introduction to fundamental automotive servicing techniques and prepare to take up to four Automotive Service Excellence certification exams. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready to begin working in an auto repair facility or continue your education and earn your associate degree in Automotive Technology.
- Develop essential skills in a fully-equipped automotive lab. Work with the latest technology to learn automotive servicing techniques, such as testing and repairing basic automotive systems.
- Gain hands-on experience with the tools you’ll use as an auto technician, including lifts, diagnostic and repair equipment and cutting-edge Snap-on equipment.
- Get certified and gain earning potential by taking up to four Automotive Service Excellence student certification exams in brakes, suspension and steering, heating and electrical systems.
- Jump-start your career after graduation and put the skills you’ve learned to use in an entry-level position at an automotive repair facility or retail service center.
- Continue your education and apply your 32-credit technical diploma toward Gateway’s Automotive Technology associate degree to increase your capacity as an automotive line technician.
Tuition & Fees: $6,081
Books & Supplies: $2,067
Spring, Summer, Fall
Automotive Maintenance Technician Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.