Students evaluate models of behavior management, analyze social emotional learning, and explain the importance of proactive management techniques. In addition, students evaluate models of behavior management, analyze behavior and analyze the influence of Adverse Childhood Experiences on behavior in order to focus on developing skills to assist in empowering children to take an active role in self-control and classroom management.
Foundations of Teacher Education
If you see your career in a K-12 school’s office or classroom, consider Gateway’s two-year Foundations of Teacher Education associate degree. Prepare to work as a learning assistant, paraprofessional or teacher’s aide by studying with qualified teachers and special education specialists in a 100% online program that will help you monitor student activities, evaluate learning, provide feedback and supervise classroom and school events.
- Develop your portfolio in this teacher’s aide training to show employers how your rigorous coursework and two practicum field placements while you work directly with licensed teachers general and special education classrooms.
- Learn on your schedule with online classes that let you manage your time by logging in and completing course work anywhere you access the web and prepare to earn your paraeducator license.
- Improve the community through a service learning project in the Equity in Education course, which allows students to work with the community and document their impact.
- Continue your education by transferring the affordable credits you earn at Gateway into a bachelor’s degree program at a 4-year college or university.
- Graduate ready for licensure as a substitute teacher with a Foundation of Teacher’s Education associate degree aligned to Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction standards.
Tuition & Fees: $9,987
Books & Supplies: $4,341
Spring, Summer, Fall
Foundations of Teacher Education Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.