The Funeral Services program is a shared program with Milwaukee Area Technical College. Students choosing to take classes for the Funeral Services program at Gateway are able to complete up to 30 credits toward the degree at MATC. Only three (3) seats for the Funeral Services program at MATC are for this shared program.
To indicate your intent to complete this program, complete an Application for Admission. This program has a required admission petition. Students are awarded seats by having met the program petition requirements listed below and in order of program acceptance date. Residency status will not be taken into consideration for selection. See our Petitioning webpage for additional information.
In order to petition through Gateway for admission to the Funeral Services program, students must submit completion of the following requirements:
- B- (or higher) in Business Courses
- 101-112 Accounting for Business (3 credits)
- 102-160 Business Law (3 credits)
- B- (or higher) in Natural Science Courses
- 806-177 Gen. Anatomy & Physiology (4credits)
- 806-197 Microbiology (4 credits; pre-req 806-177)
- 806-134 General Chemistry (4 credits)
- C (or higher) in General Education Courses
- 801-136 English Composition (3 credits; pre-req 831-103 or 831-107 or required placement test score)
- 801-196 Oral/Interpersonal OR 801-198 Speech (3 credits)
- 809-198 Intro to Psych (3 credits; pre-req 831-103 or 831-107 or required placement test score)
- 809-196 Intro to Sociology (3 credits; pre-req 831-103 or 831-107 or required placement test score)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Interested students should consult the MATC website for program and admission requirements. Students will be admitted to the program and receive financial aid through MATC.
For program details visit: https://www.matc.edu/course-catalog/community-human-services/funeral-service.html
To apply: https://www.matc.edu/apply/