This course prepares dental auxiliary students to respond proactively to dental emergencies, control infection, prevent disease, adhere to OSHA standards, and safely manage hazardous materials. Students also take patient vital signs and collect patient medical/dental histories. Students will be required to show proof of CPR certification before beginning this course.
Take a bite out of a stable career with an intensive program in under a year and make a great impression with dental field employers. If you’re an organized multi-tasker who loves communicating with people, the Dental Assistant technical diploma at Gateway Technical College could be ideal for you. You’ll gain 300 hours of clinical chairside dental fieldwork at the only technical college program in southeast Wisconsin with accreditation from American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (ADA CODA).
- State-of-the-art labs are designed to simulate a professional dental practice and equipped with the tools used in the field to help you learn cutting edge procedures.
- Learn hands-on and work with professional dental equipment, like digital radiography, electronic dental health records and expanded materials in our dental labs.
- Gain real-world experience from clinical internships and Service Learning volunteer work with groups like the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, Aurora Health Care and Walworth County Health Department.
- Qualify for dental assistant scholarships through the Kenosha Dental Society and Racine Dental Group, as well as other scholarships offered to students through the Gateway Foundation.
- Graduate and get certified. You’ll be prepared to take the Dental Assistant National Board certification exam which may increase your chances of employment.
- Secure a stable career. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts this field will grow 19% in the coming years - much faster than average.
Tuition & Fees: $6,061
Books & Supplies: $2,339
Dental Assistant Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.