This course is designed for learners to develop knowledge and skills in all aspects of the writing process. Planning, organizing, writing, editing and revising are applied through a variety of activities. Students will analyze audience and purpose, use elements of research, and format documents using standard guidelines. Individuals will develop critical reading skills through analysis of various written documents.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Work in a hospital, nursing home, school, outpatient clinic or even for a sports team to help patients improve movement problems from injury, illness or surgery with Gateway’s Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree. Area professionals help shape program curriculum to meet area demand, maintain strong partnerships and provide hands-on training with the latest diagnostic and rehabilitative equipment. The Physical Therapist Assistant program application window is June 15 - July 31.
- Secure a career. Within 6 months of completion, 100% of program graduates are employed, and 86.65% of students passed the national licensing exam for classes graduating in 2017-2018.
- Perfect your technique through clinic-style laboratory courses, internships, service learning and even global study abroad opportunities
- Graduate with 576 hours of field experience providing physical therapy under a professional’s guidance to confidently step into your career.
- Continue your education through our articulation agreement with UW-Parkside and other area colleges to pursue your bachelor’s degree.
- Enter a high-demand field with the need for physical therapist assistants projected to grow in coming years.
Tuition & Fees: $10,480
Books & Supplies: $4,282
Physical Therapist Assistant Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.