- Application for Admission & Application Fee
- Students must meet one of the following multiple measures: earned a technical diploma or higher, earned a minimum high school GPA of 2.6, earned a minimum college GPA of 2.0 or submit ACT or Accuplacer test scores. Submit any needed transcripts or test scores.
Become a graphic designer through a Graphic Design associate degree from Gateway! Graphic design merges art and technology and lets you use your creativity every day with computer software as your canvas. Prepare for your career with hands-on graphic design software training in state-of-the-art computer labs. By graduation, you’ll have compiled an impressive portfolio that will help you wow employers and market yourself as an experienced graphic designer through this nationally-recognized program.
- Train hands-on in Gateway’s exceptional computer labs on the Racine and Elkhorn campuses with instructors who have years of extensive design experience. Practice on projection, scanning, large format printing, 3D printing and photography equipment.
- Learn in the field by visiting design businesses and conferences or participating in internships to gain professional experience working with real design businesses, as well as earning certificates in several disciplines.
- Showcase your work by participating in a district-wide design show, joining American Institute of Graphic Arts-Wisconsin (AIGA) and compiling an impressive portfolio that you can use to help you enter your career.
- Become a graphic designer and begin a versatile career. With this degree, you could work for an agency, in-house design department, printing company or go freelance. The opportunities are endless!.
- Continue Your Education. Thanks to transfer agreements with area colleges, including Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design and UW-Parkside, many graduates of the Graphic Design program successfully transfer into a four-year degree program with junior status.
Elkhorn Campus, Racine Campus, Online
Tuition & Fees: $9,870
Books & Supplies: $4,258
Graphic Design Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.