This course examines the basic concepts of human anatomy and physiology as they relate to health sciences. Using a body systems approach, the course emphasizes the interrelationships between structure and function at the gross and microscopic levels of organization of the entire human body. It is intended to prepare health care professionals who need to apply basic concepts of whole body anatomy and physiology to informed decision making and professional communication with colleagues and patients.
Prepare for a detail-oriented, fast-paced operating room career in Gateway’s Surgical Technology associate degree program. You’ll graduate prepared to assist surgeons before, during and after medical procedures. With rigorous training, job interviews in your fourth semester, and an 85% pass rate for National Board exams, this program will prepare you for a career as a Surgical Technologist.
- State-of the art labs are equipped with antibacterial UV lights and designed to simulate a real-life professional environment, including four operating areas, two of which are laparoscopic (minimally invasive) ready pre-op room and a sterile storage.
- Learn from the experts. Gateway’s Surgical Technology faculty include accomplished Certified Surgical Technologists with a vast array of accomplishments in the field.
- Secure valuable internship experience with Gateway’s clinical partners through four clinical rotations, allowing you to build your hands-on experience and your professional network.
- Gain access to scholarships available through the Association of Surgical Technology and the Gateway Foundation.
- Get certified. This program prepares you for the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) exam, which you can take right on the Kenosha campus the last week of your program courses.
Tuition & Fees: $11,263
Books & Supplies: $4,306
Surgical Technology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.