In this course, students explore the Gateway Technical College community. They examine college resources and services, investigate skills that lead to academic success, and identify strategies for achieving educational and personal goals.
Prepare for a detail-oriented, fast-paced operating room career in Gateway’s Surgical Technology associate degree program. You’ll graduate prepared to assist surgeons before, during and after medical procedures. With rigorous surgical technologist training, mock job interviews in your fourth semester and an 85% pass rate for National Board exams, this program will prepare you for a career as a surgical technologist, scrub tech or operating room technician.
- State-of-the-art labs are equipped with antibacterial UV lights and designed to simulate a real-life professional environment, including four operating areas (two for minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures), a pre-operative room and a sterile storage facility.
- Learn from the experts. Gateway’s Surgical Technology faculty include Certified Surgical Technologists with a vast array of accomplishments in the field.
- Secure valuable internship experience with Gateway’s clinical partners through four clinical rotations, allowing you to build your hands-on experience and professional network.
- Gain access to scholarships available through the Association of Surgical Technology and the Gateway Foundation.
- Get certified. This program prepares you for the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) exam on the Kenosha Campus during the last week of your program courses.
Tuition & Fees: $11,411
Books & Supplies: $4,895
Surgical Technology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.