- Application for Admission & Application Fee
- Students must meet one of the following multiple measures: earned a technical diploma or higher, earned a minimum high school GPA of 2.6, earned a minimum college GPA of 2.0 or submit ACT or Accuplacer test scores. Submit any needed transcripts or test scores.
- Students must provide a statement of need and summary of career goals, explaining in detail the need to pursue the Individualized Technical Studies program in lieu of an established program.
- Students must provide proof of an occupational mentor who will provide industry-specific guidance throughout the program.
- Students must submit an academic plan, designed in conjunction with an academic advisor and occupational mentor.
Individualized Technical Studies
Today’s economy demands that workers have the flexibility to use knowledge from across disciplines and the agility to pivot as needed. If you’re a professional whose company needs you to bring a new skill set to the team, Gateway’s Individualized Technical Studies associate degree is the answer. For managers who need to upgrade talent, Gateway can help with the heavy lifting. An industry mentor is required to enroll in this program.
- Clarity. Develop a formal portfolio with defined career goals, documented learning experiences and a plan for degree completion.
- Flexibility. Choose courses across our programs, with a minimum of 20 credits focused in one discipline.
- Marketability. Work with an advisor and an industry mentor to identify the skills you need for your role and marketable skills for a career in your industry.
- Value. Have credits to transfer or other prior learning? Our Student Services staff will work with you to make sure your previous experiences count.
Tuition & Fees: N/A
Books & Supplies: N/A
Spring, Summer, Fall