This course presents a general orientation to the business world geared toward the office worker. Studies include exploring global and domestic business offices, investigating business functions and learning how departments fit together for one common mission of the organization.
Prepare for an exciting career in the world of business with an Administrative Professional associate degree from Gateway. Office and clerical professionals are the heart of any organization. Administrative professionals provide essential office duties such as writing business correspondence, scheduling appointments, managing projects, maintaining paper and electronic files, and delivering customer service. If you’re organized, detail-oriented and quick to pick up on new technology, joining this program is the perfect way to begin your career.
- State-of-the-art computer labs allow you to train on the most current and valuable software you’ll use in a professional workplace.
- Participate in hands-on learning through active coursework that includes office simulations, group and team work, soft skill development and project-based learning.
- Flexible class scheduling allows you to attend online or on campus through convenient course offerings.
- Gain valuable experience through internships that connect you with a local organization where you will develop career skills and build your resume.
- Participate in Distributive Education Club of America (DECA) — a student organization that provides professional networking and development opportunities to begin your career as an administrative professional, project coordinator or events specialist.
Tuition & Fees: $10,172
Books & Supplies: $4,669
Spring, Summer, Fall
Administrative Professional Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.