This course presents a general orientation to the business world geared toward the office worker. Studies include exploring global and domestic business offices, investigating business functions and learning how departments fit together for one common mission of the organization.
Prepare for an exciting career in the world of business with an Administrative Professional associate degree from Gateway. Administrative Professionals are the heart of their organization, providing essential office duties such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing customer service. If you’re organized, detail-oriented and quick to pick up on new technology, joining this program is the perfect way to begin your career.
- State-of-the-art computer labs allow you to train on office equipment with the most current and valuable software that you’ll use in a professional workplace.
- Participate in hands-on learning through active coursework that includes office-setting simulations, group and teamwork, soft skill development and project-based learning.
- Flexible class scheduling allows you to attend online or on campus through convenient alternative course offerings so you can complete your degree faster.
- Gain valuable experience through internships that connect you to a local organization. Develop career skills, help a local business and build your resume.
- Participate in student organizations such as Business Professionals of America (BPA) that provide professional networking and development opportunities.
Kenosha Campus, Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,733
Books & Supplies: $4,107
Administrative Professional Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.