This course presents a general orientation to the business world geared toward the office worker. Studies include exploring global and domestic business offices, investigating business functions and learning how departments fit together for one common mission of the organization.
Begin your professional career in just one year with Gateway’s Office Assistant technical diploma program. Almost every business needs an office assistant to complete important tasks that keep it running smoothly, such as filing, data entry, preparing mailings, proofreading and answering phones. Gain versatile skills that will jump-start your exciting new career and make you an asset to a wide variety of workplaces.
- Expert instructors train you in our state-of-the-art computer lab on office equipment with the most current and valuable software that you’ll use in a professional workplace.
- Build the skills you need through active coursework that includes records management, keyboarding, office proofreading and editing, and math for business.
- Earn your diploma on your schedule by attending full-time and finishing in one year, or attending part-time and taking advantage of our flexible course schedule.
- Begin your career as an office clerk, customer service representative, operations associate or technology coordinator equipped with the essential career training tools you need.
- Jump-start your Administrative Professional associate degree by applying your Office Assistant technical diploma credits and graduate with an advanced credential in just one more year.
Kenosha Campus, Online
Tuition & Fees: $5,286
Books & Supplies: $2,136
Fall, Spring, Summer
Office Assistant Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.