In this course, students explore the Gateway Technical College community. They examine college resources and services, investigate skills that lead to academic success, and identify strategies for achieving educational and personal goals.
Care for animals at every phase of their lives in shelters, zoos, research facilities or wildlife refuges. You’ll graduate from Gateway’s Veterinary Technician associate degree program prepared to provide animals of all sorts with medical care, and you’ll be ready to pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination from the American Association of Veterinary State Boards for state licensure. The Veterinary Technician program application window is June 15 - July 31.
- Work with live animals in nearly every course in the program, including valuable Service Learning volunteer experience at humane societies and shelters.
- Get hands-on training. Our state-of-the-art labs simulate real-world veterinary practices, so you’ll use the tools and equipment used by professionals in the field to gain the skills employers want to see.
- Learn from the experts. You’ll study under the direction of a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine who brings 15 years of clinical experience in a diverse private practice to the classroom.
- Gain real-world experience through four clinical placements through study in a program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association to ensure you understand the diverse styles, specializations and tools in the veterinary field.
- Build your professional network through involvement in the student chapter of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America.
Tuition & Fees: $11,731
Books & Supplies: $4,410
Spring, Summer, Fall
Veterinary Technician Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.