In this course, students explore the Gateway Technical College community. They examine college resources and services, investigate skills that lead to academic success, and identify strategies for achieving educational and personal goals.
Care for animals at every phase of their lives in shelters, zoos, research facilities or wildlife refuges. You’ll graduate from Gateway’s Veterinary Technician associate degree program prepared to provide animals of all sorts with medical care, and you’ll be ready to pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination from the American Association of Veterinary State Boards for state licensure.
- Work with live animals in nearly every course in the program, including valuable Service Learning volunteer experience at humane societies and shelters.
- Get hands-on training. Our state-of-the-art labs simulate real-world veterinary practices, so you’ll get familiar with the tools and equipment used by professionals in the field and gain the skills employers want to see.
- Learn from the experts. You’ll study under the direction of a doctor of Veterinary Medicine who brings 15 years of clinical experience in a diverse private practice to the classroom.
- Gain real-world experience through four clinical placements through study in a program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association to ensure you understand the diverse styles, specializations and tools in the veterinary field.
- Earn credentials quickly with the embedded Veterinary Assistant technical diploma that you’ll get in just one year.
Tuition & Fees: $11,400
Books & Supplies: $4,819
Veterinary Technician Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.