This course introduces students to the use of a PC. Through hands-on practice, students will manage files, communicate using e-mail, and use the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Students must use the version of Microsoft Office software in use at Gateway Technical College. Basic keyboarding skills are recommended.
Criminal Justice Studies
In Gateway’s Criminal Justice Studies associate degree program, you’ll learn hands-on in exciting training facilities that cover topics in law enforcement, corrections and security. Your criminology courses will cover laser technology, defense and arrest tactics, evidence gathering and much more. You’ll graduate ready to begin an action-packed criminal justice career.
- Learn in state-of-the-art facilities, including a Simulation House (Sim City), scenario-based jail cells and a firearms training range, that mirror the settings, scenarios and situations that you’ll face in the criminal justice field.
- Develop the skills you need to succeed in a criminal justice career, including investigation techniques, professional communication, criminal and juvenile law and more.
- Gain professional experience through Gateway’s Criminal Justice internship program, take advantage of networking opportunities such as Criminal Justice Club, and work with certified police stations or law enforcement agencies before graduation.
- Network and grow your resume by working with expert instructors who possess knowledge and insights about job openings, training opportunities and current criminal justice trends.
- Prepare for a rewarding career by pursuing employment in corrections or security, or by applying to Gateway’s Law Enforcement Academy after graduating with your Criminal Justice Studies associate degree.
Kenosha Campus, Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,885
Books & Supplies: $4,744
Criminal Justice Studies Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.