The Nursing Assistant course is 120 hours in total and is offered numerous times throughout the district. The course prepares students to perform basic nursing skills in caring for clients in various health care settings. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of this course and graduates are eligible to competency test for placement on the Wisconsin Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Registry.
Are you a compassionate, reliable person who wants to quickly move into a rewarding field helping others? Make Gateway Technical College’s Nursing Assistant technical diploma your first choice. This accredited program prepares caregivers to work in hospitals, nursing homes and other settings, where you’ll assist registered nurses and other staff by helping patients with hygiene and nutrition, taking vital signs and giving other basic care.
- Gain real-world experience in a variety of settings with 72 hours of classroom and lab work and 48 hours of hands-on patient experience in a health care clinical setting.
- Get certified. After completing this 120-hour course, qualify to take the State of Wisconsin’s licensure exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Learn hands-on using the latest equipment including mechanical lifts, vital signs equipment, wheelchairs, hospital beds and other tools you’ll use on the job.
- Build your network by joining Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), a club that offers a variety of opportunities for students to attend state and national conventions and competitions.
- Get hired in the in-demand healthcare field or further your education in a number of other health-related fields, such as nursing, physician’s assistant or physical therapy.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $509
Books & Supplies: $201
Fall, Spring, Summer
Nursing Assistant Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.