This course examines the basic concepts of human anatomy and physiology as they relate to health sciences. Using a body systems approach, the course emphasizes the interrelationships between structure and function at the gross and microscopic levels of organization of the entire human body. It is intended to prepare health care professionals who need to apply basic concepts of whole body anatomy and physiology to informed decision making and professional communication with colleagues and patients.
Care for yourself and others with a rewarding career in the healthcare field by reaching for Gateway’s Nursing associate degree program. Vital members of the healthcare team, nurses care for patients in a variety of medical settings, promote health and wellness and educate patients on health-related topics. If you’re passionate about supporting others’ well-being and want to make a difference in your community, this program can chart your success.
- State-of-the-art learning facilities include high-fidelity human patient simulators and the latest industry-standard equipment.
- Gain hands-on experience with the skills and tools needed for scenarios from taking blood pressure to child birthing.
- Day and evening courses are available so you can learn on your schedule.
- Build your resume with clinical placements in area medical facilities all four semesters of the program.
- Develop your network through the Student Nurses’ Association, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Prepare to earn your license with curriculum designed around the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
Burlington Center, Kenosha Campus
Tuition & Fees: $11,513
Books & Supplies: $4,349
Fall, Spring, Summer
Nursing Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.