The focus of this course is the use of technology in healthcare. Learners use common business software applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and databases. Communication methods using technology are addressed. Learners gain experience with using the electronic health record (EHR). Healthcare EHR security issues, social media use, and digital healthcare resources are examined.
Are you looking to thrive in a healthcare career? Gain the foundation you need with Gateway’s nationally accredited Medical Assistant technical diploma, and prepare to enter the ever-evolving medical field. Study hands-on with real-world equipment to master patient-focused work like taking vital signs, drawing blood and giving injections as well as office tasks like scheduling, coding and using electronic records.
- Enter your career in as little as nine months by studying full-time on the Elkhorn, Kenosha or Racine campuses.
- Small class sizes average 13-15 students to one instructor, giving you more individualized instruction.
- Work with great faculty whose clinical experience as Certified or Registered Medical Assistants includes nursing, laboratory medicine, respiratory therapy, administration and transcription.
- Use the latest real-world technology, such as EKG machines, venipuncture equipment and actual lab test kits in simulated learning environments to prepare you for the work you’ll do every day.
- Gain hands-on experience employers want with a practicum where you’ll gain 160 hours of clinic experience with a wide range of possible job responsibilities.
- Get certified. Take the American Medical Technologists RMA exam after graduating from the program, which could lead to higher earning potential.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $5,545
Books & Supplies: $2,074
Spring, Summer, Fall