In this course, students explore the Gateway Technical College community. They examine college resources and services, investigate skills that lead to academic success, and identify strategies for achieving educational and personal goals.
Grow a rewarding career in sustainable landscape design and management! This hands-on Landscape Horticulture associate degree will teach you how to identify and care for plants of all types from annuals to perennials, as well as evergreen and deciduous trees and shrubs. You will learn plant healthcare, landscape construction and enhancements, estimating, and sustainable landscape design. You’ll graduate prepared to beautify outdoor environments throughout your community as a landscape professional.
- Develop technical skills in planting, pruning, equipment usage and weed control to become a well-rounded landscape professional.
- Gain advanced skills in technology to help you stand out to employers. You’ll study digital design, 3D rendering and presentation of landscape design ideas.
- Learn through project-based, hands-on program work in Gateway’s state-of-the-art Pike Creek Horticulture Center and gardens.
- Explore integrated pest-management systems to help you identify pests and diseases, and work to prevent and control them.
- Engage in sustainable landscape design, installation, retrofits and management around the campus and community.
Tuition & Fees: N/A
Books & Supplies: N/A