In this course, students explore the Gateway Technical College community. They examine college resources and services, investigate skills that lead to academic success, and identify strategies for achieving educational and personal goals.
Grow a rewarding career focused on sustainable landscape design, installation and stewardship! Gateway’s hands-on Landscape Horticulture associate degree will teach you how to identify and care for all types of plants, including evergreen and deciduous trees and shrubs. Learn plant health care, landscape construction and enhancements, estimating and sustainable landscape design. You’ll graduate fully prepared to beautify outdoor environments for clients and throughout your community!
- Develop technical skills in planting, pruning, equipment usage and weed control to become a well-rounded landscape professional.
- Gain advanced skills in technology to help you stand out to employers. You’ll study digital design, 3D rendering and presentation of landscape design ideas.
- Learn through project-based, hands-on program work in Gateway’s state-of-the-art Pike Creek Horticulture Center and gardens.
- Explore integrated pest-management systems to help you identify pests and diseases, and work to prevent and control them.
- Engage in sustainable landscape design, installation, retrofits and management around the campus and community.
Tuition & Fees: $10,802
Books & Supplies: $4,576
Landscape Horticulture Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.