If you currently hold a State of Wisconsin licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), you can pursue additional training in intravenous access, fluid and medication administration, clinical decision making skills, and patient assessment at this advanced level. Upon completion of the didactic, lab, and clinical components of this program, the participant will be eligible for testing and credentialing through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
EMT – Advanced EMT
If you’re a licensed Wisconsin EMT and want to pursue more advanced emergency medical training, then Gateway’s Advanced EMT technical diploma is for you. Earn your diploma in just one semester and gain skills in medication administration, clinical decision-making and patient assessment. Strengthen your abilities as an EMT and provide higher quality emergency care while advancing your career.
- Take your skills to the next level by training hands-on in Gateway’s HERO Center, working with human patient simulators to practice IV access, medication administration and patient assessment.
- Gain real-world training by practicing emergency procedures in simulated settings such as ambulances, emergency rooms and homes, as well as completing field/clinical training throughout the program.
- Prepare for national certification. Upon completing the program, you will have the ability to test and earn ARMT credentials through the National Registry of EMTs.
- Jump right into your career, as this one-course program allows you to earn your diploma in just one semester. Begin or advance your thrilling career by saving lives as an EMT in a matter of months.
- Advance your career further by applying your Advanced EMT technical diploma credits to the EMT-Paramedic technical diploma and the Paramedic Technician associate degree programs at Gateway.
Tuition & Fees: $699
Books & Supplies: $355
Fall, Spring, Summer
EMT – Advanced EMT Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.