This course provides the paramedic student with comprehensive knowledge of EMS systems, safety, wellbeing, legal issues, and ethical issues, with the intended outcome of improving the health of EMS personnel, patients, and the community. The students will obtain fundamental knowledge of public health principles and epidemiology as related to public health emergencies, health promotion, and illness/injury prevention. Introducing students to comprehensive anatomical and medical terminology and abbreviations will foster the development of effective written and oral communications with colleagues and other health care professionals.
Advance your EMT career by earning an EMT Paramedic technical diploma from Gateway. Through this program, Licensed Wisconsin EMT, Advanced EMT or EMT Intermediate professionals gain skills and knowledge in surgical procedures, advanced drug therapies and lifesaving practices. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to begin an exciting career responding to 911 calls, transporting patients to hospitals and saving lives through emergency medical care as a paramedic.
- Gain lifesaving skills in Gateway’s HERO Center’s simulated emergency rooms, homes and ambulances by working on human patient simulators that act and look like real-life patients.
- Learn from experienced professionals through 650 hours of lecture and skills lab and up to 500 hours of clinical and field time designed to work around your busy schedule.
- Get certified by testing and earning your credentials through the National Registry of EMTs.
- Save lives through a rewarding career as a paramedic or EMT. Earn great wages in a growing field working in an ambulance company, fire department or emergency room.
- Continue your education by applying your technical diploma toward a Paramedic Technician associate degree. Develop your medical skills even further and gain a competitive edge when applying for jobs.
Tuition & Fees: $6,760
Books & Supplies: $2,778
EMT – Paramedic Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.