This course will introduce students to basic manual and computer-aided drawing for interior design. Students will learn how to properly use equipment and produce two-dimensional drawings.
Interior designers use creativity and critical thinking to turn a concept into reality: wowing clients with stunning homes, workspaces or businesses. They also communicate clearly with clients, prepare construction documents, consider specifications and work within a budget. Gateway’s Interior Design associate degree equips you with the skills and the professional experience needed to prepare you for an exciting career as an interior designer.
- Learn hands-on in the Creative Resource Center and computer labs fully stocked with design supplies and industry software. Put your skills to the test by designing and installing an entire room at Gateway’s Center for Sustainable Living after completing your first two semesters in the program.
- Build your professional portfolio by participating in design competitions, joining the American Society of Interior Designers and completing internships that provide real-world experience.
- Earn certificates to focus on elements of interior design that align with your career goals, including Sustainable Design, Technology for Interior Design and more.
- Explore career options within interior design, such as furniture design, showroom consulting, commercial design, CAD drafting, sales and home staging.
- Earn great wages in a high-demand field while putting your skills to use and improving your clients’ lives through your impressive room designs.
Tuition & Fees: $9,871
Books & Supplies: $4,239
Interior Design Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.