This course will develop the basic knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot, repair and maintain basic electrical/electronic systems that are utilized on today's heavy duty vehicles. Emphasis will be placed on the Direct Current (DC) fundamentals and vehicle charging and starting systems. This course will help the student prepare for ASE certification.
Diesel Equipment Technology
Fuel up for an exciting career as a diesel technician with a Diesel Equipment Technology associate degree. Gain the tools you need to succeed by learning hands-on in Gateway’s world-class Horizon Center for Transportation Technology. With your degree in hand, begin a rewarding career working on some of the transportation industry’s largest and most important vehicles, such as buses and trucks, or construction, agricultural and marine equipment.
- Customize your education by selecting a program concentration: Diesel Equipment Technology or Construction Equipment Repair. Focus on the skills and knowledge that best fit your interests and goals.
- Gain extensive, hands-on training from expert instructors in our Advanced Propulsion lab. Learn how to repair and maintain trucks, off-road equipment, stationary equipment and construction equipment.
- Stay current through Gateway’s partnership with Snap-on. Work with Snap-on’s most cutting-edge equipment and obtain Snap-on certifications to help you advance your career as a diesel technician.
- Increase your earning potential through the opportunity to earn two certificates: Diesel Mechanic’s Assistant and Industrial/Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic, as well as several ASE automotive certifications through S/P2 and NC3.
- Begin an exciting new career with great job security; the need for diesel technicians is expected to grow in the years to come, so you’ll always be in high demand.
Tuition & Fees: $11,682
Books & Supplies: $4,543
Diesel Equipment Technology Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.