In this course, learners are introduced to the interconnection of data, people, processes and things that forms the Internet of Things (IoT). Learners will differentiate among smart devices, connected devices, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Machine-to-machine (M2M), machine-to-people (M2P), and people-to-people (P2P) connections in an IoT solution will be examined. Security concerns that must be considered when implementing IoT solutions will be investigated. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able communicate with data over networks to IoT frameworks.
Information Technology – Cybersecurity Specialist
If you’re a hands-on learner who wants to help strategize how to protect information and data from network attacks, identity theft and data breaches in today’s digital world, get started with Gateway’s IT – Cybersecurity associate degree. Gain your foothold toward a rewarding career with significant earning potential, and you’ll develop the skills needed to design, test, implement and monitor security measures for any company’s network.
- Gain hands-on experience troubleshooting and problem-solving by learning outside-the-box network and data security from seasoned professional instructors.
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology, NetLab and virtual lab systems available with convenient 24/7 online access, help you practice the skills you’ll need to succeed on the job.
- Gain proven career skills with a curriculum designed to meet criteria set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and needs identified by area employers and professionals.
- Flexible course scheduling includes convenient evening options for core courses offered at the Racine and Elkhorn campuses and many general education and elective courses offered online, so you can accomplish your learning and career goals without having to make major adjustments to your schedule.
- Prepare for Industry 4.0. Gateway has fine-tuned this hands-on training to make you a top choice for career opportunities at Foxconn. Completing this Preferred Program does not guarantee employment.
Elkhorn Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $10,345
Books & Supplies: $4,282