Through classroom lecture, on-campus lab, and WI Department of Justice 720 Academy integration exercises students will learn and apply skills addressed in the following Phase III topics of the Department of Justice 720 Academy curriculum framework: Ethics II: Moral Reasoning and Professional Responsibility, Cultural Competence II: Fair and Impartial Policing, Interrogations, Testifying in Court, Crimes III and Physical Evidence.
Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement 720 Academy
Become a police officer through comprehensive training at Gateway’s respected Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement 720 Academy. This 720-hour program provides a solid foundation for your law enforcement career, offering cutting-edge training in defense tactics, emergency vehicle operations, criminal investigations and more. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to begin a rewarding career keeping your community safe. *Upcoming Academy start dates: 8/9/21-12/23/21.
- Experience state-of-the-art training in the Kenall Protective Services Center through a CSI Lab/Blood Spatter room, EVOC track, Multiple Interactive Learning Objectives (MILO) training system, training mats, jail cells, firearms range and simulation lab.
- Gain the essential police skills that prepares you for your future career, including first aid/CPR, firearms, defense and arrest tactics, criminal and traffic law, community policing and more.
- Become a police officer. Upon Standards Board approval, successful completion of the Academy, and employment, you will be ready to begin an exciting career in law enforcement.
- Become a hero in your community as a police officer. This challenging but rewarding career offers great pay as you serve and protect your community. Check out some employment opportunities for police officers here.
* The last day to submit an application for the Fall 2021 academy (beginning August 9, 2021) is June 15, 2021. To be considered for the ac0. To be considered for the academy cohort all supplemental items must be complete by December 15, 2020.ademy cohort all supplemental items must be complete by June 29, 2021.
Tuition & Fees: $5,344
Books & Supplies: $1,516
Spring, Summer, Fall