This course introduces students to the use of a PC. Through hands-on practice, students will manage files, communicate using e-mail, and use the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Students must use the version of Microsoft Office software in use at Gateway Technical College. Basic keyboarding skills are recommended.
If you are an analytical and creative people-person, Gateway’s Marketing associate degree can help you begin an in-demand career in the field of marketing. Good marketing is a crucial part of business success, so gaining skills in sales, digital marketing and research makes you an ideal candidate in many industries. With your Marketing degree, begin a fast-paced career in advertising, digital design, social media management or marketing coordination.
- Get career-ready through hands-on coursework, such identifying and researching target markets, determining customer needs and the creation, distribution and promotion of products and services.
- Boost your resume and network by joining Gateway’s award-winning Collegiate DECA student club, interning with Biz Squad or studying abroad as part of Gateway’s International Education program.
- Earn a certificate in Marketing-Sales or Sports and Event Marketing and focus your career path based on your interests.
- Graduate with a versatile skill set that could lead to a wide variety of careers, including marketing coordinator, PR specialist, visual merchandiser, purchasing agent or marketing research analyst.
- Earn your bachelor’s in Marketing by transferring your associate degree credits toward any of the 21 universities with which Gateway has Marketing articulation agreements and spend less on your education.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,640
Books & Supplies: $4,081
Marketing Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.