This course introduces students to the use of a PC. Through hands-on practice, students will manage files, communicate using e-mail, and use the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Students must use the version of Microsoft Office software in use at Gateway Technical College. Basic keyboarding skills are recommended.
Hundreds of dynamic new jobs get added each year to Southeast Wisconsin’s tri-county tourism and hospitality industry. Learn the creative skills needed to pivot with changing market demands, use critical thinking and communication with Gateway’s Hospitality Management associate degree and move into one of Wisconsin’s most powerful and fun industries. With a specialization in hotels and resorts or tourism and attractions, you’ll feel at home in a hospitality career that offers promotion opportunities for those who can prioritize and expedite customer service.
- Enjoy flexible class scheduling. The Hospitality Management program offers all of its classes online and on the Kenosha Campus, so you can learn when it works best for your busy schedule.
- Get real-world skills from a hospitality program designed to meet the needs of the booming tourism and hotel industry in Kenosha, Racine and Walworth counties with hands-on projects.
- Gain hands-on experience with two 144-hour internships that focus first on skills and second on supervisory or managerial roles in events, dining, guest services, reservations or more.
- Enjoy the freedom to choose internships at local hospitality establishments, destinations in Milwaukee or Chicago, or national attractions, such as Disney World or Yellowstone National Park.
- Get certificates employers value. By the time you graduate, you will have earned certification through the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
Tuition & Fees: $9,590
Books & Supplies: $4,258
Hospitality Management Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.