This course introduces students to the use of a PC. Through hands-on practice, students will manage files, communicate using e-mail, and use the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Students must use the version of Microsoft Office software in use at Gateway Technical College. Basic keyboarding skills are recommended.
New development is adding hundreds of jobs annually to Southeast Wisconsin’s tri-county tourism and hospitality industry. Gateway’s Hospitality Management associate degree will help you move into a booming sector that has a long history of stability in the state. Specialize in hotels and resorts or tourism and attractions concentrations. You’ll feel at home with a career in hospitality!
- Enjoy flexible class scheduling. The Hospitality Management program offers all of its classes online and on the Racine Campus, so you can learn when it works best for your busy schedule.
- Get real-world skills from a hospitality program designed to meet the needs of the booming tourism and hotel industry in Kenosha, Racine and Walworth counties with hands-on projects.
- Gain hands-on experience with two 144-hour internships that focus first on skills and second on supervisory or managerial roles in events, dining, guest services, reservations, or more.
- Enjoy the freedom to choose internships at local hospitality establishments, destinations in Milwaukee or Chicago, or national attractions, such as Disney World or Yellowstone National Park.
- Get certificates employers value. After graduation, apply for certifications that may increase your employment opportunities through the State of Wisconsin as well as the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
Tuition & Fees: $10,008
Books & Supplies: $4,134
Fall, Spring, Summer
Hospitality Management Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.