Topics include: solving linear, quadratic, and rational equations; graphing; formula rearrangement; solving systems of equations; percent; proportions; measurement systems; computational geometry; right and oblique triangle trigonometry; trigonometric functions on the unit circle; and operations on polynomials. Emphasis will be on the application of skills to technical problems. This course is the equivalent to College Technical Math 1A and College Technical Math 1B.
Flip the switch on a career in electronics, and prepare to help engineers design, test, install, maintain and repair all types of electronic equipment. Gateway’s Electronics associate degree program will ensure you’re ready to move into a well-paying career. You’ll satisfy your need to solve problems and work with your hands while our expert faculty work with you to gain comprehensive hands-on training with state-of-the art equipment.
- Work hands-on in our next-generation labs with digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, circuit simulation software, soldering and desoldering equipment to get the training that local industry employers need.
- Get certified. Increase your value to employers by preparing to earn national certifications as you complete courses DC, AC, digital, analog, multimeter and industry safety.
- Fit classes to your schedule with day or evening courses for the first three semesters in our open lab, attending one of two weekly lectures to prepare you for hands-on and computer-based training.
- Build your resume. You’ll earn Gateway’s Electronics Technician Fundamentals technical diploma after your first two semesters in the Electronics program.
- Enter a competitive field. Electronics technicians are in high demand, and Gateway graduates are prepared to enter the workforce in a wide range of exciting careers.
SC Johnson iMET Center
Tuition & Fees: $10,828
Books & Supplies: $4,606
Electronics Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.