This course validates the students interpersonal and business skills by providing the necessary work to prepare for the certification exam to earn the Certified Service Specialist Certification. The exam is the final exam for the course and certifies the student's ability to work with customers. This course explores the skills of communications, policies and procedure manuals, record keeping and evaluating performance. Focus on teams and proper functioning roles within teams in a company setting that values ethical actions in the workplace and respect for the customer and fellow workers. Problem solving, interpersonal relationships and sales and marketing skills will be honed throughout this course. Successful students will be able to represent themselves with a national certification that illustrates their understanding of the skills necessary for the service and manufacturing industry as an employee or employer.
Whether you’re just starting out in business or have twenty years of experience, earning a Leadership Development associate degree will help you gain managerial skills and accelerate your career. Discover what it takes to elevate to the role of supervisor, including overseeing staff and business operations. Flexible class formats help fit education into your busy schedule, so you can put the skills you learn to use as soon as possible.
- Gain skills fast through a program designed for those with full-time jobs, families and other responsibilities keeping them busy. Take classes all online or in an accelerated evening format in-person.
- Study versatile, career-centered disciplines, such as management, accounting, diversity, human resources and ethics. Gain useful, real-world skills that make you an asset to any organization.
- Customize your education through eight certification options, four of which are nationally recognized. Certificates include Leadership Essentials, Project Management, Technical Supervisor and Human Resource Supervisor and more.
- Become a leader and get the job, promotion or pay raise you’ve always wanted. You’ll be prepared to work as a manager, supervisor or team lead in many industries.
- Save money on your bachelor’s by first earning your associate degree, then transferring to one of 18 universities with which Gateway has Leadership Development articulation agreements.
Tuition & Fees: $10,647
Books & Supplies: $4,134
Fall, Spring, Summer
Leadership Development Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.