Gateway Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), including all its campuses and centers within Racine, Kenosha, and Walworth Counties as well as its online programming. Contact Information: The Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago IL, 60602-2504, phone (800) 621-7440.
We maintain regional accreditation for the following reasons:
- To verify the level of quality education delivered to Gateway students
- To allow Gateway students to be eligible for financial aid
- To provide for transferability of Gateway credits to other accredited colleges
Every 10 years, Gateway seeks reaffirmation of accreditation from the commission. Our most recent reaffirmation visit occurred in October 2009. We welcome you to review our Self Study our Executive Summary, and the Final Report of the review team.
Our next reaffirmation visit will occur in February of 2020.
Wisconsin Technical College System
Gateway Technical College is one of 16 colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Each college is governed locally by a board of trustees, and the majority of funding for each college comes from its district residents’ property tax assessment. However, program of study curriculum, facility improvements, and student tuition are among the important decisions approved by the WTCS state Board of Trustees.
The Wisconsin Technical College System Board has authorized Gateway Technical College to grant the Associate of Applied Science degree in two-year programs. Technical diplomas are granted for one- and two-semester programs and for some multiple-year programs of study. Advanced Technical Certificates are awarded in occupational content areas. Wisconsin Technical College System Board, 310 Price Place, P.O. Box 7874, Madison WI 53707, phone 608-266-1207.
- The Aeronautics—Pilot Training program has earned Federal Aviation Administration recognition as both an FAR Part 141 Flight School and an Airway Science Program. Federal Aviation Administration, Flight Standards District Office, 4915 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee WI 53207, phone 262-747-5531.
- The Business and Information Technology division is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and has been granted the accreditation status of approval. ACBSP, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, phone 913-339-9356.
- The Dental Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of approval. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and by the United States Department of Education. Commission on Dental Accreditation, American Dental Association, 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago IL 60611, phone 312-440-2719.
- The Health Information Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, 233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 2150, Chicago IL 60601, phone 312-233-1100.
- The Associate Degree Nursing program at Gateway Technical College is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 500, Atlanta GA 30326, phone 404-975-5000, acenursing.org.
- The Medical Assistant program is fully accredited by the Commission of Allied Health Education and Programs (CAAHEP), on recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program, 35 East Wacker Drive, Suite 1970, Chicago IL 60601, phone 312-553-9355.
- The Nursing Assistant program is fully approved by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services (HFS), Bureau of Quality Assurance, 2917 International Lane, Suite 300, Madison WI 53704, phone 608-243-2019, or dhs.wisconsin.gov.
- The Paramedic Technician program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763 727-210-2350, www.caahep.org
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of American Physical Therapy Association, 1111 N. Fairfax Street, Alexandria VA 22314, phone 703-706-3245.
- The Surgical Technology program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 33 East Wacker Drive, Suite 1970, Chicago IL 60601, phone 312-553-9355.
- The Veterinary Technician program is initially accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1931 N Meacham Rd, Ste 100, Schaumburg, IL, 60173-4360, phone 800-248-2862, www.avma.org.