Important Registration Information
Wisconsin Assembly Bill 201 gives priority registration to eligible service members attending a Wisconsin technical college. Eligible service members include those who have served or who are serving on active duty under honorable conditions.
In accordance with the law Gateway Technical College allows eligible service members (not including dependents) to register one (1) day prior to their standard designated registration date.
Priority registration does not waive any course or program requirements, such as prerequisites and program restrictions. Courses are available on a first-come, first- served basis.
How it Works
Eligible service members (not including dependents) will be able to register starting at 6:30 a.m. one day prior to the standard designated registration date. Registration dates are based on student status: continuing program students (determined by program acceptance and number of credits completed), new credit program students, and open registration.
Login to WebAdvisor, click the "When Can I Register" link under the Registration area. As soon as your eligibility has been confirmed, this link will accurately reflect your new registration date.
If you are a veteran or service member currently using VA benefits you are automatically eligible.
If you are not currently receiving VA benefits at Gateway, please submit a copy of one of the following:
- NGB22/22A – National Guard report of separation and record of service
- Reserve Credit Report and Discharge Order and Point Summary
- Commander‘s Letter
- Current Orders
- Letter from County Veterans Service Officer
The documentation must verify discharge was Honorable or General Under Honorable Conditions.
You may drop off the above documentation at any Student Services Center. Documentation must be received 10 days prior to the standard designated registration date to be confirmed, processed and ready for you to take advantage of this benefit.
Resources for Service Members to Obtain Required Documentation
- Ebenefits: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal
- National Archives (evetrecs)- http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- WI County Veteran Service Officer: http://www.wicvso.org/your_cvso.htm
- U.S. Army Human Resources Command Website: http://www.hrc.army.mil/
- Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs: http://dva.state.wi.us/
- National Guard Website: http://www.nationalguard.mil/resources/states.aspx
The National Guard belongs to each individual state, not to the federal government. There is no central repository for National Guard records. To obtain a copy of your NGB Form 22/22A, contact the National Guard Adjutant General’s Office for the state in which you performed National Guard service.