Waitlists are offered for the majority of Gateway’s post-secondary course sections. You can join a waitlist via My Gateway | Register and Schedule | Register and Drop Courses.
Waitlists - Seat Available Notification/Registration Requirements
- If a seat becomes available in a class for which a student is waitlisted, a message telling the student that they have Permission to Register will be sent to the student’s Gateway email account at approximately 11:50 p.m.
- The seat will be held for the student until 11:30 p.m. the next day.
- If the student does not register for the class within that time frame, the permission to register will expire and the seat will automatically be offered to the next eligible student.
- When a student with a Permission to Register is registering for an available seat in a waitlisted class, all standard registration procedures apply. E.g. requisites must be met, capacity limits must be observed, late registration rules still apply etc.
Waitlist Process Notes
- Students must meet normal registration requirements in order to join a waitlist. e.g. have met requisites, have instructor consent etc.
- A student already registered for a course may not be added to a waitlist for an additional section. i.e. if already registered for a 801-136 class, a student cannot go on a waitlist for another 801-136 section.
- A student may only waitlist for one section of a course.
Waitlist Closing Info
- Waitlists close (become inactive) at 11:55 pm the night before the first day of the class. The last “Permission(s) to Register” will be issued at 11:50 pm that night and will expire at 11:30pm the first day of class if the student does not register.
- See the Adding a Class section of the Student Handbook for information about registering for a class that has started.