Waitlists are offered for a majority of Gateway’s postsecondary course sections. If a class you wish to register for is full, you can join a waitlist via My Gateway | Register and Schedule | Register and Drop Courses. Remember, the best way to avoid a waitlist is to register as soon as you can!
- You must meet normal registration requirements to join a waitlist, including meeting requisites and/or having instructor consent.
- If you’re already registered for a course, you may not join a waitlist for an additional section offered at a different time.
- You may only waitlist for one section of a course
When a seat becomes available
- You will receive an email to your Gateway email account giving you permission to register for the course at approximately 11:50 p.m.
- The seat will be held for you until 11:30 p.m. the next day.
- If you don’t register for the class within that time frame, your permission to register will expire and the seat will automatically be offered to the next eligible student.
- When registering for an available seat in a waitlisted class, all standard registration procedures apply: e.g. requisites must be met, capacity limits must be observed, late registration rules still apply, etc.
- Waitlists close at 11:55 p.m. the night before the first day of the class. The last permission to register email will be issued at 11:50 p.m. that night and will expire at 11:30 p.m. the first day of class if you don’t register.
- See the “Adding a Class” section of the Student Handbook for information about registering for a class that has started.