We know the cost of college can seem overwhelming. At Gateway, we pride ourselves in providing the same quality education as a four-year college or university at a fraction of the price. By starting at Gateway, you can save as much as 67% on your career education! Our affordable pricing and convenient payment options mean when you graduate, you can enter your exciting new career with less college debt.
Estimated Tuition Cost per Credit*
Estimated Tuition Cost per 3‑credit class*
Estimated tuition cost per 12‑credit semester*
2023-24 Tuition & Fees
- Associate of Arts/Associate of Science: $188.90 per credit
- Associate of Arts/Associate of Science Out of State Rate: $283.35 per credit
- Post Secondary & Vocational: $146.20 per credit
- Post Secondary & Vocational Out of State Rate: $219.30 per credit
- Adult Basic Education courses (Wisconsin residents): No tuition, $4.50 materials fee; $8.77/credit activity fee. Out-of-state fees apply.
- HSED: Classes are free for Wisconsin residents. Verification of Wisconsin residency may be required to enroll at the resident tuition rate. Non-residents are welcome to attend for a fee of $54 for orientation and $216 for classes.
- Standard Material Fee: $4.50
- Online Course Fee: $0.00 – fee to be suspended for the 2023-24 year
- Student Accident Insurance: $4.50 per semester for students taking at least one eligible post-secondary course
- Student Activity Fee: $8.77 per credit
- Parking and Technology Fee: $5.00 per credit
*Figures based on estimated costs for Gateway’s Post Secondary & Vocational programs for Wisconsin residents.
- Lecture course: $4.50 per class. Some courses have additional material fees.
- Application Fee: $30.00 nonrefundable
- If you are already accepted in a Gateway program and want to add an additional program, complete a Program Add Form.
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage: $4.50 per semester for students taking at least one eligible post-secondary course
- Student Transcript Fee: $10.00 standard; $27.00 rush
- Replacement Diploma: $15.00
- Miscellaneous Proctoring: $25 per hour
- Placement Testing: $15.00 per testing session
- Keyboarding for course placement when required (no fee)
- GED: $33.75 per test; $10.00 for retests
- GED and HSED Credential Fee: $15.00
- GED - Civics or Health: $10.00 per test
- Advanced Standing - Credit for Prior Learning: $15.00
- Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
- PLA Test: $50.00
- PLA Skills: $90.00
- PLA Portfolio: $90.00
Cost of Attendance
Cost of Attendance (COA) estimates typical expenses for a student and is used to set the maximum amount of federal aid any student can receive. View our COA web page to learn more.