We know the cost of college can seem overwhelming. At Gateway, we pride ourselves in providing the same quality education as a four-year college or university at a fraction of the price. By starting at Gateway, you can save as much as 67% on your career education! Our affordable pricing and convenient payment options mean when you graduate, you can enter your exciting new career with less college debt.
Estimated Tuition Cost per Credit
Estimated Tuition Cost per 3‑credit class
Estimated tuition cost per 12‑credit semester
2019-20 Tuition & Fees
- Tuition Rate Residents: $138.90 per credit
- Out-of-state Residents: Additional $69.45 tuition per credit; total tuition $208.35 per credit
- Adult Basic Education courses (Wisconsin residents): No tuition, $4.50 materials fee; $8.33/credit activity fee. Out-of-state fees apply.
- HSED: Classes are free for Wisconsin residents. Non-residents are welcome to attend for a fee of $54 for orientation and $216 for classes. Verification of Wisconsin residency may be required to enroll at the resident tuition rate.
- Student Activity Fee: $8.33 per credit (5.5% of tuition)
- Parking and Technology Fee: $5.00 per credit
- Lecture course: $4.50 per class. Some courses have additional material fees.
- Application Fee: $30.00 nonrefundable
- If you are already accepted in a Gateway program and want to add an additional program, complete a Program Add Form.
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage: $6.00 per semester for students taking at least one eligible post-secondary course
- Student Transcript Fee: $10.00 standard; $27.00 rush
- *Online Course Fee: $10.00 per credit, minimum $10.00 per course
- Replacement Diploma: $15.00
- Miscellaneous Proctoring: $25 per hour
- Placement Testing: $15.00 per testing session
- Keyboarding for course placement when required (no fee)
- GED: $33.75 per test; $10.00 for retests
- GED and HSED Credential Fee: $15.00
- GED - Civics or Health: $10.00 per test
- Advanced Standing - Credit for Prior Learning: $15.00
- Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
- PLA Test: $50.00
- PLA Skills: $90.00
- PLA Portfolio: $90.00
*In-state resident fees apply to online courses offered by Gateway. There is no out-of-state tuition charge.