Welcome to Gateway! Get enrolled and ready for your first day of class by checking off the items on our Admitted Student Checklist.
- Meet your Academic Advisor.
Meet with an academic advisor to create an academic plan and review the courses you’ll need to complete. Register for class and print your course schedule – you’re ready for the first day of class. Call 1-800-247-7122 to schedule your appointment.
- Determine how you will pay for college.
Connect with a Gateway Student Finance Specialist for help with understanding your options for financing your education. If you plan to use financial aid now is the time to submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 005389. Call 1-800-247-7122 to set up an appointment with a Student Financial Specialist.
- Log on to WebAdvisor.
Log in to WebAdvisor at gtc.edu/WebAdvisor to check your financial aid status, review your schedule and plan out your academic program at Gateway. Be sure you know your Gateway student ID number and password. You’ll need them to access online services at Gateway.
- Check your Gateway student email.
Your student email will have valuable information on financial aid, courses, and registration. Access your email at mail.gtc.edu, and log in using your Gateway student ID number and password.
- Before the first day of class...Get prepared!
- Explore the campus where you’ll be attending classes or take our virtual tour (gtc.edu/virtualtour)
- Become familiar with support services available in the Learning Success Center (gtc.edu/support-services)
- Download or print the syllabus for each class
- Get your Gateway student ID card at any Student Services Center
- Purchase textbooks and supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, etc.) at your campus bookstore or online at efollett.com
Still have questions? Not sure who to ask?
Call 1-800-247-7122 or visit one of the Student Services Centers on the Elkhorn, Kenosha or Racine campuses