- Students must submit an application and pay $30 fee.
- Students must meet one of the following: minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.6 (unweighted); earned at least 12 college credits with a minimum GPA of 2.0; or complete valid reading, writing, and math placement assessments.
- Students must complete a Background Disclosure form and must request and pay for a background check. Applicants for all health science programs are subject to a review of their criminal backgrounds. Positive background checks may negatively impact your ability to pursue a health career at Gateway Technical College. Each case will be individually evaluated based on all available evidence provided to the college.
- Students must submit official high school, GED, or HSED transcript including a graduation or passing date.
Looking to start a rewarding nursing career in less than a year? As a Practical Nursing you can work in outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities or home care settings, where you’ll pass medication, administer injections and perform assessments. After you earn your Practical Nursing technical diploma from Gateway, you’ll be fully prepared to take the LPN exam and ready to earn a great salary in a position many area employers need to hire qualified talent. The first classes for this program will run in Spring 2022.
- Graduate with confidence: Gateway Nursing program students have historically passed the LPN exam with a 97-percent success rate.
- Learn hands-on with expert faculty to administer medication, injections and assessments in the new Lincoln Center for Health Careers on the Racine campus, which offers the latest simulation units and industry-standard equipment.
- Study on your schedule around work and family commitments, with flexible day or evening courses available and the ability to start part-time or full-time in any semester.
- Continue to advance your education after you earn your technical diploma: the LPN technical diploma is the first half of the Nursing associate degree program, you can easily continue to promote your career.
Tuition & Fees: $6,280
Books & Supplies: $1,558