You have the potential to finish your degree. Make it a reality with the Promise 2 Finish program! Earn your degree without spending a dime on tuition and gain all the big advantages Gateway Technical College has to offer. Our 70+ career-training programs, flexible course schedules, helpful support resources and added Promise 2 Finish student bonuses such as Learning Communities and mentoring are all available to you—completely tuition-free.
In order to be eligible for the Promise 2 Finish program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be one of the first 110 students who meet all eligibility requirements, be fully admitted to Gateway and be awarded financial aid
- Be 23 years old or older by January 1, 2020 (born before January 1, 1997)
- Have earned at least 12 college credits with a cumulative 2.0 or higher GPA. Must have been out of college for at least two years (attended prior to January 1, 2018), but have not earned an associate or bachelor’s degree (technical diploma or certificate is acceptable)
- Be a U.S. citizen or a national or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Live in the Gateway Technical College district
- Complete your Gateway application for admission and be admitted to an eligible academic program by October 1, 2020
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and receive a financial aid award letter by October 1, 2020. Use code 005389 for Gateway
- Select an academic program that meets federal and state financial aid eligibility requirements
- Have an annual family earned income of $50,000 or less based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The first 110 students who meet all eligibility requirements, are fully admitted to Gateway and are awarded financial aid will be admitted to the program. Promise 2 Finish students will be eligible to begin coursework at Gateway in January 2021. Students must enroll in courses for the Spring 2021 semester in order to remain eligible.
- To continue in the program, students must:
- Participate in the Promise 2 Finish Kickoff Meeting, Learning Community and Gateway to Success course
- Develop an academic plan
- Promise 2 Finish students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 credits per academic year over the course of at least two semesters
- Promise 2 Finish students will be eligible to begin coursework at Gateway in January 2021. Students must enroll in a minimum of six credits for Spring, 2021 to remain eligible.
- Maintain 2.0 program GPA and financial aid satisfactory progress each semester they are enrolled at Gateway
- Actively be enrolled in one academic program
- Reapply for financial aid each year
If you meet the Promise 2 Finish program eligibility criteria, we encourage you to apply now! You can apply to Promise 2 Finish in just two easy steps:
- Submit your Gateway application for admission and be admitted to an eligible academic program by October 1, 2020.
- Be sure to indicate in the Sign & Submit section of the application that you’re interested in the Gateway Promise.
- Note: This includes submitting required high school and college transcripts as well as any supplemental materials required for admission
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a financial aid award letter by October 1, 2020.
- Note: This includes submitting any required verification and documentation requested by the Financial Aid office.
That’s all you need to do! Gateway will contact you to inform you of your Promise enrollment status. Space is limited to the first 110 students that are admitted to the college and awarded financial aid. If you are accepted into the Promise 2 Finish program, here are your next steps.