The Gateway Promise program opens the door to a world of possibilities. All of the big advantages offered at Gateway Technical College are yours—completely tuition-free. These include Gateway’s 70+ cutting-edge career training programs, next-generation technology, helpful support services to guide you through your journey and life-changing campus life opportunities such as studying abroad, student organizations and service learning. You’ll even get extra advantages such as one-on-one coaching from a Promise coordinator to help you achieve your goals.
In order to be eligible for the Gateway Promise program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- High school senior graduating on-time (or submit a Letter of Explanation from an official high school administrator verifying your graduation status)
- Graduate from a Gateway District high school or are a resident of the Gateway District
- U.S. citizen or a national or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Apply for admission to Gateway and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1 of your senior year (Code: 005389. Not sure how to fill your FAFSA? Call 1-800-247-7122 to set up an appointment with a Student Finance Specialist.)
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application
- Have an ACT Composite score of 16 or higher OR Accuplacer Reading, Writing and Math scores of 237 or higher
- Have Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or lower (as calculated from the FAFSA). Learn more about EFC on our FAQ page.
- You must attend the mandatory Promise Kickoff and Promise Scholars summer college readiness program.
- You must enroll as a full-time student at Gateway for the Fall Semester immediately following your senior year.
- You must choose a program of study that meets federal and state financial aid eligibility requirements. Review Gateway’s Promise-eligible programs.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact your New Student Specialist.