The Gateway Promise program opens the door to a world of possibilities. All of the big advantages offered at Gateway Technical College are yours—completely tuition-free. These include Gateway’s 70+ cutting-edge career training programs, helpful support services to guide you through your journey and life-changing campus life opportunities such as studying abroad and service learning.
In order to be eligible for the Gateway Promise program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- High school senior graduating on-time (or submit a letter of explanation from an official high school administrator verifying your graduation status).
- Graduate from a Gateway district high school or are a resident of the Gateway district
- U.S. citizen or a national or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Apply for admission to Gateway and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the application deadline during your senior year (Code: 005389). Not sure how to fill your FAFSA? Call 1-800-247-7122 to set up an appointment with a Student Finance Specialist.)
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application.
- Meet one of the following multiple measures requirements: earned a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.6 (unweighted), an ACT composite score of 16 or higher OR Accuplacer Reading, Writing and Math scores of 237 or higher.
- Have Student Aid Index (SAI) of 0 (as calculated from the FAFSA). Learn more about the Student Aid Index on our FAQ page.
- You must attend the mandatory Summer Bridge college readiness program as well as complete the Gateway to Success course.
- You must enroll as a full-time student at Gateway for the Fall Semester immediately following your senior year.
- You must choose a program of study that meets federal and state financial aid eligibility requirements. Review Gateway’s Promise-eligible programs.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact your New Student Specialist.