Gateway Technical College is approved by the Wisconsin State Approving Agency and the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs to provide training to veterans, active service members, spouses, and dependents of a deceased or disabled veteran. You can get more information about VA educational benefits by meeting with a Student Finance Specialist (School Certifying Official) or by contacting your County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO).
If you are planning to use veterans education benefits at Gateway please follow these steps:
- Please call 1-800-247-7122 or visit one of our convenient Student Services locations to schedule an initial consultation with a Student Finance Specialist.
- A Student Finance Specialist will guide you through the benefit and enrollment processes at Gateway Technical College. You may be asked to provide documentation during or after the initial meeting i.e. Certificate of Eligibility, DD214s, NOBE, KICKER, as applicable to you.
- After student registers for classes (each term), please submit a VA-Education Benefit Request Form (VA-EBRF).
- All Veterans must supply the college with their military transcripts.
- You may also be eligible for additional Federal Grant Funding. Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov
- To find out more about Scholarships, please visit Gateway’s Scholarship page
- Make sure you check your Gateway Student e-mail and WebAdvisor account regularly for important updates regarding your VA benefits.
Important Registration Information For Veterans
In compliance with Wisconsin Act AB201, Gateway Technical College proudly offers eligible Veterans and Active Duty Service Members the opportunity to receive priority course enrollment dates assigned by admission status.