Support specialists will be available to connect with students virtually via Zoom, chat, email and phone as well as in-person. Reach out to your support specialist using the contact information below.
Student Support Specialists (Veterans):
- Robert Swanson (Kenosha and Elkhorn campuses)
262-564-2366 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edwardo Vargas III (Racine Campus)
262-564-2459 | email@example.com
Thank you, veterans!
We’re proud to have many student veterans who chose to become Gateway Red Hawks. Transitioning from military to student life can be rewarding, but challenging, so Gateway’s Veteran Support Services offer a number of opportunities and assistance to help you succeed. These services are open to Gateway student veterans, as well as their spouses and families:
- Veteran Student Support Specialists are available on each campus to connect you with resources such as career exploration, tutoring, student finance, academic advising and remediation services.
- Veteran Support Resources include a Veteran Crisis Line (at 1-800-273-8255 - Press 1), National Resource Directory, USA Cares and much more. Learn more.
- Veterans Benefits that fund your education are provided to veterans, active service members, spouses and dependents of a deceased or disabled veteran. Learn more.
- Gateway’s Student Veterans Club is sanctioned by the Student Veterans of America and operated by elected Gateway students. The club gives its members the opportunity to meet those with similar experiences and has counseling available when its members need someone trustworthy to talk to.
- Volunteer opportunities allow you to serve and participate in local and county veteran functions and workshops.
- The Veteran’s Lounge located on the Kenosha and Racine campuses provides a specific area for veteran students to use for studying, or networking and connecting with other veterans.
- Referrals or walk-in services will be provided to veterans through the Student Success department, such as disability support, counseling, financial aid, learning center support and Student Success Workshops.
- Specialized accommodations or equipment will be made for required students, as well as support services to federal, state, county and local veteran services and programs.