- You can check out books, search databases, find articles, prepare MLA & APA citations, use in-house computers, access secure Wi-Fi, print from your laptops, and fax and scan documents -- all free of charge.
- You'll find great places to read. Our libraries are filled with comfortable spots to read, whether you enjoy a comfortable chair, a table and chair, or a window seat.
- You'll be illuminated. Libraries tend to offer lots of light, so you won't ruin your eyesight by squinting at that tiny print. But, libraries also offer great reference materials. If you have questions about what you're reading, you can look it up in any of the number of dictionaries, encyclopedias, or other reference materials. The resources are illuminating!
- You have access to book experts. Our librarians are professionally trained to help you find what you're looking for at the library. A librarian can point you in the right direction, answer questions, or help you find a book you'll enjoy to read.
- The library is a great stress-reducer. Just walking down the rows of books has a way of relaxing even the most stressed-out individual. And, then, start thumbing through a few volumes; and you're bound to be lost in the world of books. Perhaps it's the quiet atmosphere, the stillness, the presence of books, or just browsing through those lines of text. Visiting the library can just make a difference in your whole outlook.
NEED MORE REASONS? Here’s 33 more: http://www.collegeonline.org/library/adult-continued-education/librarians-needed