Welcome to Gateway Technical College’s payment plan. Please take a few moments to become familiar with the terms and conditions.
- Student must officially enroll into the payment plan through My Gateway in the Financial Information card or at any Student Services Center. See “Payment Options” at gtc.edu/paymentoptions for enrollment and installment due dates.
- A maximum of $4,000 is allowed on the payment plan. Any charges over the maximum must be paid in full at the time of enrolling on the payment plan. Students can only enroll in one payment plan per term.
- The payment plan is not eligible for less than one (1) credit/$100 for a semester. Business Workforce Solutions Professional Development, Motorcycle, Group Dynamics, Multiple Offender and Traffic Safety classes cannot be on the payment plan.
- There are four (4) installment payments due. Payments can be made with a credit card by accessing My Gateway | Financial Information card and select Make a Payment. Cash, check or credit card will be accepted at the Student Services Centers. Credit card payments can also be made through our Contact Center at 800-247-7122. Checks should be made out to Gateway Technical College.
- Amount required to be paid: 1st installment is 25%, 2nd installment is 50%, 3rd installment is 75% and the 4th installment is 100% of the eligible plan amount.
- Any payments that are made prior to the installment due date will reduce the payment plan outstanding balance, but will not automatically eliminate the requirement to make the installment(s).
- No new enrollments are allowed after the closing date; see gtc.edu/paymentoptions for the payment plan dates.
- Classes that are officially dropped within the refund period may reduce the payment plan outstanding balance due. Adjustments will be reflected on the student’s account.
- A statement will be sent for each installment. Payment is due even if the statement is not received.
- Late fees of $45 on each installment will be added to the student’s account balance whenever the required payment amount for the installment is not paid in full to the student’s account by the due date. There are no grace days before a late fee is assessed to a student's account. A postmark on mail will not be considered within the due date.
- Financial aid students are responsible for any balance due once financial aid is calculated into the balance. If financial aid has not yet been awarded, the required installment payment must be made to avoid the late fee.
- If funding is being arranged through an agency or a company, students are responsible for any installment payments due until the authorization has been received and processed.
Students with debts owed to Gateway Technical College will not have access to grades or transcripts and will be unable to register for services. Their account can be turned over to a collection agency.
For general information regarding the Payment Plan, visit the Payment Plan Dates webpage or call Student Services.